Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.
The theme this week is ‘Booksih Pet Peeves‘ – which was the prefect excuse for me to have a little rant…
- PEOPLE WHO SELL PROOF/ARC COPIES FOR PROFIT – this is a more than a pet peeve, I don’t think there are many things worse than this. It is like the bookish cardinal sin.
- If someone borrows a book from you and you never get it back, worse still – you get it back but it’s ruined somehow (think stained, broken spines, written in, crumpled or wet pages!!)
- Bookstagram – Now don’t get me wrong, I have a Love/Hate relationship with bookstagram. I do not like however, the mini-communities within that are super cliquey and sometimes very rude. I’ve had mainly positive experiences over there but I’ve had a few bad ones with people who think their book accounts are superior to other peoples which gives them some air of authority (which when you think about it is just ridiculous)
- Bookworms who are snobbish about what genre’s you read. why should it make a difference to you? no really, why does it matter? – it doesn’t, so stop it!
- Sticks on the front of book (or backs for the matter), please please please stop.
- When someone judges a book that they haven’t read. You are 100% entitled to your own opinions but not if you don’t know what you’re judging, at least give it a go.
- Books with film covers also really upsets me (probably too much if i’m honest)
- People who read 3 books in a day just for the sake of reading lots to show off. Now don’t get me wrong, I’m a quick reader but some people just skim read (or pretend) to get their stats up and share ridiculous wrap ups which I’m convinced is just to make the rest of us who read between 8-15 books a month (which is still a heck of a lot) feel measly.
- I also cannot wrap my head around the fact that there are people out there that do not accept your opinion on a book. Some people actually go out of their way to comment on a review or a post that you leave about a book to let you know that you’re wrong. Not that they disagree with you (as that is different, and actually encouraged – i like to know diverse opinions) BUT NO, some people seem to think that their opinion is the only correct one. They actually drop into your space to tell you this too – it’s a big no from me.
- This is one i’m sure you can all relate to… when someone interrupts you when you’re trying to read.
I hope you’ve enjoyed my Top Ten Tuesday, drop me a comment and let me know what you’re Bookish Pet Peeve’s are!!