As NYE is upon us, It felt like a good time to reflect on the year and wrap up my bookish accomplishments and set some goals for 2020.
In 2019 i had set my original goodreads challenge (once i’d discovered in in early January) as 25. I quickly realised that I did actually enjoy reading and that I was blessed with being a fairly quick reader! This led me to up my goal to 50 and then quickly after that 100.
- 146 books read
- Amounting to 50,453 pages in total
- Shortest Book – The Tale of Mrs Tiggy Winkle by Beatrix Potter (58)
- Longest Book – Needful Things by Stephen King (790)
- Most Popular book I read was Harry Potter and the Philospher Stone
- Least Poplar book I read was Garden ontop of the World by Virginia Aronson
- Average Goodreads Rating across all my books = 3.7
- First review of the year was ‘The Origin of Species’ by Charles Darwin
- Last review of the year was ‘The Couple Nextdoor’ by Shari Lapena
2020 Bookish Goals:
- get rid of books I didn’t enjoy – i.e. 1 and 2 star rated books are getting the cut!
- get my netgalley ratio to at least 50%, ideally 80% – this is going to be very hard but I am determined
- read 150 books total – 4 more than 2019
- buddy read over 60 books (incl in the 150)
- DNF books I’m hating – just put them down and give them away!
- for everyone 5 books I read, I can buy 1 more… – this might be tricky to stick to but i’m going to try my best!