Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.
The theme this week is Reason’s Why I Love Reading – a dificult one to break down into 10 points if I’m honest as the simple answer for most of us is, ‘I just do…’, BUT I’ve given it a go:
- Reading is my time, my space, my hobby, my escape. I like to read to have time to myself and unwind.
- It helps to broaden my imagination (albeit I need significant help with this)
- Reading has bought me to social media and blogging and has connected me with so many wonderful bookish friends, some of which I’ve met in real life and are true friends now.
- Reading is a great way to waste time in the sunshine (especially with a kindle), and it easy to travel with and keep you occupied while waiting for a friend, or for your dog to do a poo (each to their own!)
- I absolutely LOVE books themselves, the smell, the colours, the covers. Just love books, love buying books, love reading books.
- Reading, to me, feels like exercise for the mind. It makes you think, grow and learn.
- I like the excitement of thriller/crime/mystery books, the needing to know what happens next.
- I love when a book makes me cry and feel real emotion. There is nothing quite like it.
- The conversations that certain books spark with people I might not necessarily have spoken to before, at work, in a bookshop, anywhere.
- Living vicariously through others can be oh so fun! I love following characters on their journeys, watching them grow, make decisions, fall in love, have disagreements. I love the magic of storyteling.
I hope you’ve enjoyed my Top Ten Tuesday, drop me a comment and let me know why you love reading!