Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.
The theme this week is Favourite Places to Read – a topic I found VERY easy to write about.
- Under a blanket on the sofa is my number one favourite place to read (especially when Digby (my puppy) is calm and keeping me company).
- This is closely followed by being in bed. You’ll see a comfort theme emerging here. I love to be under a blanket or in comfy clothes when reading.
- I often like to read on my phone/kindle when I’m eating my lunch at work. Now I know this is a little bit of a change in theme and it probably is surprisingly high up the list BUT I find these stolen minutes of time to read really help me de-stress and wash away any anxiety or worries.
- Reading in the car, similarly to above, helps me unwind and relax. I am always, without fail, early. So reading in the car is something I end up doing quite a lot.
- I enjoy reading outside in the garden; shade or in the sun. What I don’t like is the bugs that usually accompany me.
- On Holiday. Reading on holiday feels like a different type of reading and I usually stick to lighter genre’s when I’m on holiday and absolutely fly through books. I’ll read anywhere when I’m away.
- By a fire is another cosy favourite but I only have this luxury when I’m visiting my mum or in a country pub and there is usually a cute dog with the latter which steals my attention.
- Cafe’s are another favourite but as an avid people watcher I sometimes find my attention drifting. I also sometimes struggle to block out the background noise.
- Benches in parks are often a great place to consume some pages but I often have the same people watching problems and need to great every dog that goes past.
- A bookstore is sometimes a great place to get lost in a book and pass time, especially if it is the coffee and cake variety.
I hope you’ve enjoyed my Top Ten Tuesday, drop me a comment and let me know where you love reading!
I absolutely love the idea of reading by a fire! Not something I get to do very often!
LikeLiked by 1 person
So relaxing 😌