As we’re half way through the year I thought it would be a good time to check in on my Reading Goals for the year. On December 31st 2020 I committed to reading:
- 175 Books
- 100 Buddy Reads
- All the books in my 21 for 2021 photo
- 12 books recommended by 12 friends
- At least 6 non-fictions
- At least 6 classics
- At least one Agatha Christie a month
- At least one female + male author a month
- At least 2 Netgalley books a month.
Writing this today, It’s the 8th September and I’ve ticked off the below so far:
- 88 books read in total
- 9 buddy reads (this one is a write of for this year with a puppy and a newborn it will be a struggle to read 15 let alone 100)
- 11 books from the 21 for 2021 photo
- 3 book from the 12 books recommended by 12 friends
- 4 non-fiction books
- 2 ‘classics’
- 3 Agatha Christies
- At least one female and male author a month
- 45 NetGalley books (at least 2 per month)
I’m still doing shocking on the Classics, Agatha Christie and ’12 books recommended by 12 friends’ front BUT I have managed to start chipping away at my ’21 for 2021′ challenge and managed to sneak in a buddy read with my besties around the puppy and her new baby.
Annnnnnnd I am doing well at trying new authors, reading my NetGalleys (although lets not talk about the requesting) and splitting between male and female authors (at least better than I have in the past)…. So it’s not ALL bad.
I am now committed to still reaching all my goals though (apart from the buddy reading one, that is a lost cause for this year).
My favourites from the last 3 months far are:
– Wish You Were Here by Jodi Picoult
– In Case You Missed It by Lindsey Kelk
– The Curator AND Dead Ground by M W Craven
– The Executioner by Chris Carter
– Eight Perfect Hours by Lia Louis
The books that have disappointed me the most in the last 3 months are:
– “The Disappearance of Stephanie Mailer” by Joel Dicker (I was really expecting more)
– “Hot Desk” By Zara Stonele”
– The Tanglewood Flower Shop” by Lilac Mills.
I have also DNF’d 1 book; “The Damage” by Caitlin Wahrer. I need to try it again really as so many other people LOVED it!
How are you doing with your goals? Have you read any of these books? drop me a comment and let me know!!