This is the third one of this Emandherbooks Recommends series, so if you haven’t read the first or second ones yet, you can check them out here and here.
I hope you’ve found your way to this post because, like me, you love to cry at a book. I think there are few more magical moments than the ability of written words to make you cry. I can feel so connected to a character or a situation that I physically sob at a book.
Many many people think this is incredibly weird (my partner included) but I know there are people out there that, like me, love to have a good cry at a book. So, if you’re one of them (or your not but you want to give it a go), here are some of my top recommendations to make you ugly cry:
- I Wanted You To Know by Laura Pearson
- The Phone Box at the Edge of the World by Laura Imai Messina
- Wish You Were Here by Jodi Picoult
- The Storyteller by Jodi Picoult
- One Winter Morning by Isabelle Broom
- Us Three by Ruth Jones
- All About Us by Tom Ellen
- What Might Have Been by Holly Miller
- The Book Thief – Markus Zusak
This is by no means an exhaustive list and I will likely do yet another one of these posts.
If you want to, leave me a comment with your top recommendations so I can add some new books to my TBR!